If you’re considering selling your house, it’s always a good idea to know which options are on the table.
A real estate agent can be a fantastic teammate throughout the process of selling your home, bringing a wealth of knowledge and experience while giving you peace of mind.. But we all know how expensive working with an estate agent can be. And while it’s great if you can afford it, are there any other options available? We decided to take a look at 5 ways you could try and do it yourself to save on estate agency fees.
Can You Sell a House Without An Estate Agent?
The development of technology and the internet is putting the power in the hands of the individual to do things that wouldn’t be possible in the past. If you know how to do it right, you can save both time and money. Earlier, many of these things were either expensive or consumed too much of your time, but things have changed.
Real estate agent fees can be one of the most costly parts of selling your home. Can these costs be entirely avoided and can you sell a house without an estate agent?
While selling a house without an estate agent was too much work before, technology and the internet are working to change that, and it’s becoming easier than ever.
This article has 5 great ideas that could make selling a house without an estate agent a reality. And if you’re here now, chances are you’ve thought about it already. We’re just here to make things easy for you!
So what are these 5 great ideas to sell a house without an estate agent?
Getting The Right Paperwork To Sell a House Without An Estate Agent
Do you get a headache when thinking about all that paperwork? We do, too! Finding all the right paperwork for selling a house without an estate agent can be a struggle. Luckily, thanks to the good ol’ Internet, you can now choose whether to use legal document templates or a pay per document expert.
Earlier, a real estate agent would provide legal document templates for you. Now, you can do it yourself by choosing some of the vetted options below.
A Solicitor for the Conveyancing stage often isn’t included in the agent’s fees, so it’s possible to hire them yourself. They’ll make sure all your legal documents are good to go, so you don’t have anything to worry about when it comes to paperwork for selling a house without an estate agent.
Researching House Prices in Your Area
You don’t want to sell yourself short, but you also don’t want to overprice your house and lose potential buyers. Roll up your sleeves and dive deeper into the housing market to determine the right price for your property. Use these tools and tricks to be one step ahead:
- Portals such as Zoopla, Right Move, Entwistlegreen, will provide you with all the insights regarding the value and price of your house. Even UK Government provides you with this information.
- It’s rumored that Google will release a new tool that will have information about all the house prices in the area you choose.
- Free valuations. Real estate agents will value your home for free in the hope of you hiring them. However, you can always change your mind and just get the valuation and do the work yourself.
After determining the value and price of your house, it’s time to promote it. What are the most efficient ways to do it?
How to Promote the House You’re Selling
With new technologies emerging rapidly, social media has become a crucial part of marketing literally everything. Why couldn’t you promote the property you’re selling there?
Social media is a great free tool to help you reach a wider audience. You can even use paid ads to create more interest – depending on your budget options are basically unlimited. It’s one of the most important steps to selling a house without an estate agent if you fully take advantage of it!
We’d strongly recommend joining local Facebook groups that will allow you to share you’re selling your house and investor groups where you’ll surely reach potential buyers.
Property portals are also a great way for selling without an estate agent. List your house on these portals, because they are designed to help you sell it. There are free portals, as well as paid ones. You can list your property on multiple portals ensuring more people will see it. And one of them will hopefully buy it!
Be aware however, property portals can be very costly. Many estate agents have negotiated cheaper rates with property portals as they have a larger volume of properties. So if you’re looking into listing your property on some of the most popular property portals an estate agent may be a smart choice.
Presenting Your Home To Take A Buyers Breath Away
The way you present your house is one of the most important parts of making more people interested in buying your home. Details matter and they sell. If you can make people fall in love with your house and imagine the life they could have there – it’s only left for you to close the deal.
These 3 tips will inspire you to create a mesmerizing presentation of your house and attract potential buyers: :
- Popular videos on Youtube will teach you tips & tricks to upgrade your house at a low cost.
- Check out popular trends on Pinterest
- Catch up on current trends by reading interior design magazines or blogs for inspiration
Don’t forget about virtual tours that will definitely catch the attention of everyone. You can go the extra mile and include floorplans, a room-to-room guide, and an overall immersive experience for potential buyers.
Sell Your House With A Virtual Tour
While before you had to spend hours and hours showing property in person, with 3D virtual tours, potential buyers will be able to see your house without limitations. The best part is that dozens of people can see it simultaneously and share it with one click. This increases both the number of people and your chances to sell your house for the asking price faster. You’ll also pre-qualify people, and save time because only the most qualified potential buyers will come and see it.
What are the main advantages of real estate virtual tour services?
- Virtual tours take a lot of hassle out of selling your home by eliminating time wasters by sharing the tour before arranging an in-person viewing.
- You get the full bank of high-resolution, wide-angle images generated from the tour.
- Allow potential buyers to get a real feeling for the size and shape of the space, let them feel the atmosphere, and imagine themselves living there.
- Create an immersive viewing experience. Focus on selling the experience, their future in the house, rather than plain pictures. With 3d virtual tours, they can easily imagine how it would be to live there and create new memories with those closest to their heart.
- The best part of 3d virtual tours is that potential buyers can view them 24/7!
At the end of the day many agents use real estate virtual tour services to sell properties, why wouldn’t you?
And how much will a 3d virtual tour cost you? Approximately £300 depending on the size of your property, but for detailed cost check out How Much Is My Virtual Tour Really Going To Cost?
Bonus Tip: Organize Your Time With Scheduling Apps
Nowadays, there’s an app for almost everything, right? Selling a house without an estate agent (or even with one) can be really stressful. But with scheduling apps, you’ll take control of your time and easily organize potential viewings.
Calendars and scheduling apps are extremely easy to use. You’ll often only need to add the email of the potential buyer to the event. But that’s not everything!
Include the address that’s linked directly to the maps app and don’t waste time on directions and explanations!
What Can’t You Do Without a Real Estate Agent?
Is there anything that can’t be done? Of course, real estate agents bring a wealth of experience and expertise to the table. At the end of the day, it’s their job, and selling your house is in their best interest. What are the advantages of hiring a real estate agent?
- They have deep knowledge about the market, prices, what works and what doesn’t.
- Realtors sell houses for a living, so they know the ins and outs of every process, including legal.
- In their career, they’ve networked with many people so they have the access to the wider market such as overseas investors.
- Hiring a real estate agent will save you a lot of time and stress. You can be sure they’ll do all the heavy lifting.
- You can always ask your realtor for advice and tell them about any issues that emerge along the way.
Selling your own home is a great way to save some money but you can’t deny the great benefits of using a trusted estate agent to help handle the workload and make sure everything runs smoothly.
We hope you’ve found this article about selling a house without an estate agent useful.
Whether you’re an estate agent or a private seller, a virtual tour would be the perfect tool to help market your property. Save money on marketing costs with an all-in-one package including real estate virtual tour services, floorplans, promotional videos, and high-resolution images.
Get in touch with our team today for more info.